Thursday, December 8, 2011

WEVerb11 - 8 - Choose

What was the biggest choice you made in 2011? What caused you to choose what you chose?


Wow, erm, I'm trying to think now if I made any real significant choices this year.
 The most relevant one at the moment is committing myself to completing the Chase Walk in 2012.

It's a 40 mile hill walk crossing over Cannock Chase, Staffordshire, all in one go. The aim is to complete it in under 18 hours.

Cannock Chase AONB Source
I tried to find pictures of previous walks with some of my team mates, but they appear to be camera shy!

There were two reasons I wanted to complete this challenge :
  1. I wanted to complete a Charity Challenge (of some description) before we start a family.
  2. I wanted to get fit.

I'm raising money for the Eve Appeal (see my Just Giving page) who support research into gynaecological or foof cancers. (After I said I was doing this I found out about these toys via Bakerella. But Paul says I'm not allowed to carry around a cuddly foof!)


I did think about completing another type of Charity Challenge but due to my temperamental health, I could complete a sustained trek or project lasting beyond a couple of days. As it is, my problems at the moment seem to be on the level. Plus, I'm not a runner - the frontal ballast does not make for a comfortable ride!

So I decided to do the Chase Walk, Paul has done it several million times throughout his life so would be a perfect coach. I'm currently doing two to three six-mile walks each week, walking from work to halfway home. I'll be stepping this up nearer the time, as well as taking part in the 10 mile, 20 mile and 30 mile training walks (eek).

All this will hopefully get me nice and fit and toned in time for my 26th birthday, and so we can start a family, having given my body the best possible start it would need.

If anyone has any helpful tips either motivation or even nutrition I will gladly accept the help!

1 comment:

Aaron and Andrea said...

Just been looking over your blog as I've been neglecting it for ages. Nice posts in there! Don't know how you find the time!! Keep on going... xx