Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Contemplating Atonement

Apologies again, I need more smacked hands for this, bad blogger Kiri!

Anyhoo, just finished Atonement by Ian McEwan. It was another one of those books where I'd already seen the film, but unlike most books, the film is a very faithful rendition.

The story is at its heart very simple, a young girl misconstrues something she sees and ends up condemning an innocent man, as she gets older she realises her error and is trying to atone for her injustice.

I loved reading the book and enjoyed seeing all the minute detail which had been portrayed accurately in the film. I would thoroughly recommend reading the book though as you get the insight into the characters heads that you don't quite get watching a film.

Has anyone else seen the film/read the book? What did you think?

1 comment:

Cat said...

Saw the film, loved it! I don't really have time to read the book though :(