Thursday, August 11, 2011

No communicado!

Right, the next thing I am going to tick off my list is turning my mobile phone off for a week.
funny pictures of cats with captions

I'm not quite sure what motivated me to put this on the list, I think I saw it on someone else's and thought, hey, I'll give that a try.

As a prediction for the next week (starting Tuesday 16th August), I think it is going to be very strange living without my phone.

I am by no means attached to it, unlike my husband, but each evening as I leave work and walk down for the bus, I call my parents. Will I notice anything new now I'm not distracted by the conversation and explaining to my parents what that weird noise was in the background (invariably the buses as they zoom past!)

I don't receive a lot of texts, but then I don't send a lot. I can't see this being a major issue.

Games on my phone, I am currently addicted to a ball popping game and Alchemy, and when I've finished my book on bus journeys I resort to playing on the phone. Hmm.

And finally, the main issue I can see is the texts and phone calls I get from my husband. I won't get a phone call letting me know he is half an hour away for me to put the dinner on, or asking where I am so he can pick me up on his way home. :-( I'm already feeling sad about this one.

But, hey ho, let's see how it goes. I will report back on Tuesday 23rd August with my findings!

2 comments:

Morgan said...

Good luck going phone-less! I'm not sure I could do it, not for the phone calls, but because I'd miss checking my email on it!

SnowflakeBrit said...

Thankfully I don't check my email on my phone, I have too many accounts to even try to check.
Loved your recent itineraries btw, been having issues being able to comment