Wednesday, August 17, 2011

I Can't Hear the Sound of Ringing

Whilst, I'm living without my mobile on I've been getting on with another project - my family tree!

I've decided that if I can get back as far as the 1837 Census, I will be happy. Already I have logged details for 96 of my relatives, and I've got more to go!

It's been so exciting to try and trace relatives we don't even have names for, for example my great grandparents (all but one of my grandparents have passed on so cannot ask them for help).

One relative I'm particularly looking forward to tracing is my Great Aunty Dolly (who married into the family). The story goes that when she was very young, her father died and left the family penniless. Dolly's mum kept Dolly with her and went to work, but the siblings supposedly went to Canada and were never seen or heard from again.
Although Aunty Dolly died nearly a decade ago now, I would like to see if I could find out what happened. As a child, fascinated by the Anastasia Romanov story I did wonder ... but Dolly wasn't a redhead!

I can't wait to find out more about my ancestors, and will publish a diary of the mobile-less week shortly

No comments: