Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Having a ball

Hope you all had a lovely weekend, I have to admit I didn't accomplish much as I spent most of Saturday preparing for a Summer Ball and Sunday lying on the couch trying to catch up on sleep!

I've recently finished Cold Comfort Farm and Tess of the d'Urbervilles and the reason why I've not written up their reviews is I'm feeling somewhat frustrated by the books from the list at the moment. So I've been sneaking in some pleasure reading and discovering a couple of new authors.

So here are some micro reviews of two two books :

Cold Comfort Farm - The ending leaves you a bit bewildered and then you realise you don't really care about the main character as they are just a bit blah.

Tess of the d'Urbervilles - Too much additional text detracting away from essentially a good story, you feel for Tess and her tragedies and want to punch certain character's lights out!


Can anyone suggest the next book for me to read from the list that won't p*** me off?

No comments: