Friday, April 8, 2011

Of Marshmallow Monkeys

When I was a very little girl, one of the jobs I saw myself doing (amongst many others) was being an author. I loved reading Enid Blyton and I thought that it would be the best job in the world to write books for other people to read.

I still think it would be a great career to have, but I still haven't done anything about it. This year, I intend to change all that. As is says on No.8, I'm going to start my novel. I don't know if I'm ever going to get it published, but I need to get the story out of my head and onto paper.

To boost my morale on this project, a friend has laid down the gauntlet and said that if I start to write one, he'll start to write his. So over the coming year, I will get this book out of my head, and get at least the first chapter written.

As for the title of this post, after an evening out with friends my husband received a text from my phone, calling him a "lovely marshmallow monkey". I was not with my phone at the time of sending this text but thought it would be a good challenge to try and fit in the phrase somewhere in the book.

Does anyone have any suggestions for other random phrases to try and include?

1 comment:

Ceallai said...

Qué sera sera...