Friday, September 9, 2011

Sad News

As you may have seen from my last post, my father in law was taken ill and we had to cancel our holiday.

Unfortunately, my father in law lost the fight and passed away on Tuesday evening, peacefully, and surrounded by his sons and wife.

I appreciate the majority of you wouldn't know who he was, but I feel compelled to write a little eulogy to honour the past six years I have known him.

My husband's father was a very generous and giving man.
Without his help Paul and I would not be where we are today.
Without his help the Scouting Movement in the West Midlands, I can guarantee would not be where it is today.
Without his help, my husband would not be the man he is today and for that I am eternally grateful to my father in law.

I don't hold any specific religious beliefs but wherever he is, I hope he is happy, safe and free of pain.

We love you xxx (ps i've let thorntons know they need to reduce their toffee production)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kiri, I feel for you and for Paul. I lost my father when I was 26 and I still miss him. Here's a big hug across the ether.

Anonymous said...

Thoughts are with you all at this difficult time. X

Ceallai said...

I'm so sorry, Kiri, for you and Paul. Love to both of you. xoxo